Rachelle Dene Poth talks language learning and STEAM on 10MT
From the Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis
Follow @coolcatteacher on Twitter
Today Rachelle Dene Poth @rdene915 talks about teaching Spanish and STEAM with technology, student choice, and project based learning. For Wonderful Wednesday, take a trip inside her classroom to learn how she does it all.
As we learn about language learning, Rachelle shares:
- How her language classroom is full of choice
- Rachelle’s favorite tech tools for language learning and how her students use them
- Some fantastic new tools and features she’s using this week in her classroom
I hope you enjoy this episode with Rachelle!
Selected Links from this Episode
- Twitter handle: @rdene915
- Blog: http://www.rdene915.com
- Quizlet Live
- Nearpod Collaborate
Rachelle Dene Poth
Rachelle Dene Poth @rdene915 is a Spanish and STEAM Teacher at Riverview Junior Senior High School in Oakmont, PA. She is also an Attorney and has a Master’s Degree in Instructional Technology.
Additionally, Rachelle is:
- Communications Chair for the ISTE Mobile Learning Network,
- a Member at Large for Games & Sims,
- the Innovations and Resources Co-Chair for the Teacher Education Network and
- the PAECT (PA ISTE affiliate) Historian.
Rachelle is proud to be involved in several communities including being a Buncee Ambassador, Common Sense Media Educator, CoSpaces Ambassador, Amazon Inspire Educator, Edmodo Certified Trainer, Nearpod PioNear, Recap Pioneer, TES Ambassador and ambassador for several other learning communities.
Recently, she was named the 2017 Outstanding Teacher of the Year by PAECT and had a chapter published in the Edumatch “Snapshot in Education” book and enjoys blogging.
Rachelle enjoys presenting at conferences and finding opportunities for students to be involved in sharing their work at student technology showcases, presentations and through blogging.
Link to graduate work and experience https://sites.google.com/site/itportfoliorachellepoth/