by Neeru Khosla, co-founder and executive director, CK-12 Foundation
We’re proud to announce that we have integrated the Google Classroom share button within CK-12. Now, teachers and students will be able to access our entire library of content in conjunction with the Google Classroom platform. Our goal has always been to allow you do things your way, so offering greater flexibility through Google Classroom was a no brainer.
So, now if you find an interesting textbook, video, activity, or assessment for your class on CK-12, all you need to do is click- and voilà, your entire class can now freely view what you shared. Assigning homework, reading assignments, or making announcements for reviewing material has never been easier. All it takes is one click and you have assigned homework or made an announcement to your entire class. It’s just that simple. For teachers and admins that love to use both CK-12 and Google Classroom, life just got a little easier.
How It Works
Here’s how to use the share button:
- Go to CK-12’s website (http://www.ck12.org/).
- Find an interesting textbook, video, activity, or assessment that you’d like for your class.
- Click on the green paper airplane icon that says “Share Me” at the bottom right hand corner of the page.
- A pop-up window that says “Share this Resource” will appear.
- On the right side of the pop-up window, you will see logos for the various ways the content can be shared (Google Classroom, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest).
- Click on the green Google Classroom icon, which looks like this:
- Clicking on the icon will open up a new “Share to Classroom” pop-up window.
- Click on the dropdown menu that says “Choose Class,” then select your class and either create an assignment or make an announcement.
- Add a title, any details you’d like your class to know about the assignment and include a deadline.
- Then, click “Assign” and CK-12’s content will be assigned to your class.
Assigning homework, reading assignments, or making announcements for reviewing material has never been easier. All it takes is one click and teachers can assign homework or make an announcement to their entire class. CK-12 and Google Classroom are streamlining the learning process so teachers can more time in the classroom with their students and less time fussing with technology.
How To Share Content Between Google Classroom And CK-12
The post How To Share Content Between Google Classroom And CK-12 appeared first on TeachThought.