Every Classroom Matters episode 178 with John Spencer
Writing should be exciting. You can teach writing skills with powerful multimedia based prompts and ideas, a global audience, and easy to use tools. John Spencer has the data to show that kids write more using this method.
- How can reluctant writers get excited about writing?
- Why we should use multimedia writing IDEAS (not prompts.)
- The big question that should be asked BEFORE writing (but most people don’t.)
- Why we shouldn’t dictate student writing topics and instead, give them choices.
- Why sometimes less technology inspires more creativity.
If you teach writing to any age student, you’ll want to hear what 14-year teacher and now college professor John Spencer
- What is Design Thinking? Can it work in my classroom? by John Spencer
- Larry Ferlazzo “The Best Web-based tools for Teaching” Episode 131
- John Spencer’s Write about App
- Student Shark Tank
- How to Write Magnetic Headlines by Copyblogger
- follow @spencerideas on twitter
The post Teach Writing Skills: Using Powerful Prompts to Inspire Students to Write appeared first on Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis @coolcatteacher helping educators be excellent every day. Meow!