Laura Penrod Stock interviewed on Episode 38 of the 10-Minute Teacher Podcast
From the Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis
Follow @coolcatteacher on Twitter
Help students share their work. Give them a voice. Students can lead parent conferences. They can share a year-long portfolio of work. Here’s how.
Today Laura Penrod Stock @tweetmeego coaches students to create powerful student-led conferences with their parents. By creating unique year-long portfolios, Laura believes students connect with their parents to help plan their future work and share their learning.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download this episode to listen offline by right-clicking here and choosing “Save As.”
In today’s show, Laura will talk about student-led conferencing and share:
- How to make student portfolios and conferences unique and not “cookie-cutter”
- What a student-led conference looks like
- Their structure for student-led conferencing as it relates to 9-grade registrations
- The two biggest mistakes many teachers make with student-led conferences
- How Laura keeps up with student work
I hope you enjoy this episode with Laura!
Selected Links from this Episode
- Twitter handle: @tweetmeego
- Laura is giving away free access to Meego. Here’s how:
“So if you go to www.mymeego.com and click sign up now when it comes the time for you enter the coupon you’ll enter 1OMT and you’ll be in. if you’re the only teacher that has joined from your school, you’ll create your school. And you can invite other teachers in any grade on your team to join in and you can begin collaboration just amongst teachers.”
Laura Penrod Stock
Laura Penrod Stock is a Lee County (Georgia) middle school classroom teacher. Sculpted from her experience in economic development, she is passionate about student eportfolios. “Teaching students to present themselves and their ideas effectively will determine their success in the global marketplace,” Stock submits.
She is the inventor of Meego®, a cloud-based collaborative platform for artifact collection and eportfolio creation.
Stock holds a B.S. in Consumer Economics, Auburn University, M.P.A. , Columbus State University, M.S.E.D.L., Western Governor’s University. Stock is the Lee County Georgia System Teacher of the Year 2016, GREA Outstanding Educator Award winner and a member of Delta Kappa Gamma.