Join me and other education speakers at Woodward Academy in Atlanta this summer
From the Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis
Follow @coolcatteacher on Twitter
STLinATL is an exciting education conference hosted at Woodward Academy in Atlanta this summer July 26-27. I’ll be speaking along with Jay McTighe, Dr. Janet Zanida, Suzie Boss and more at this affordable conference ($295 including meals and conference attendance.)
THE STLinATL CONFERENCE WILL FOCUS ON THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Whole Child (e.g., mindfulness, brain-based learning, project-based learning, design thinking, social-emotional, equity and inclusion)
- STEM/STEAM Integration
- Assessment for Learning
- Contemporary Literacy
- Excellence in Physical Education, Coaching, and Athletic Development
You are invited to submit a proposal and to register for STLinATL. Proposals are due by 12 noon EDT on March 30, 2018. All accepted proposals will be notified on or before April 15, 2018. For more information, visit stlinatl.com.
This intimate conference will have southern hospitality and charm as well as 21st-century education leadership.
Jay McTighe – Internationally recognized thought leader on curriculum mapping, assessment, and instructional strategies. Co-authored the best-selling Understanding by Design series with Grant Wiggins.
Dr. Janet Zadina – Renowned neuroscientist, speaker, and author of Multiple Pathways to the Student Brain. Extraordinary ability to address anxiety, stress, and trauma, which affects up to 50% of our students.
Suzie Boss – Inspiring speaker, consultant, and author of several popular books including All Together Now: How to Engage Your Stakeholders in Reimaging School and Reinventing Project-Based Learning.
Vicki Davis – The Cool Cat Teacher® is a full-time teacher and IT Director at a small school in Georgia. Best teacher blog winner, *Speaker*author* @Mashable Top Teacher on Twitter*Top #edtech Twitterer. Host – the 10-Minute Teacher Podcast an author of Reinventing Writing and Flattening Classrooms, Engaging Minds.
Included in the STLinATL Conference
The cost is extremely affordable at $295.00 which is an all-inclusive event that includes:
- Small, intimate workshops and sessions with nationally known speakers.
- Topics that are relevant to the needs of today’s teachers as they work to prepare our students for the future.
- Conference includes a continental breakfast each day
- An incredible lunch each day made by our renowned chef
- A networking social that includes hors d’oeuvres, a live band and 2 drinks of your choice.
- An amazing dinner that was the talk of the conference last year.
- Free transportation from the hotel to the conference through each day
- A negotiated rate of $129 per night for a room at the luxurious Hilton (multiple restaurants and exquisite amenities)
- A conference gift bag with a homemade praline, snacks, a notebook and more
- Fabulous networking opportunities with subject area teachers.
- An interactive makerspace designed by Georgia Tech.
- A limited number of transformative vendors sharing some of the latest applications of trends for the future such as 1) Lexplore makes it possible to identify children with reading difficulties early on through artificial intelligence and eye tracking. 2) Georgia Speciality highlighting classroom furniture, makerspace furniture and science furniture of the future. 3) Virtual reality applications for today classrooms and more….
I’m excited about speaking at this conference and will be there both days. This is going to be a fantastic event! Join us!
The post Awesome Atlanta Education Conference: STLinATL – July 26-27, 2018 appeared first on Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis @coolcatteacher helping educators be excellent every day. Meow!